Monday, July 30, 2007

Meat + Cheese = Happiness On A Plate

Now Playing: Moon River from Jen's Fanciful Mix

"How can you be expected to govern a country that has 246 kinds of cheese?
- Charles de Gaulle

I think I could live on meat and cheese plates. After a long conference today, a cheese plate (and a stiff drink) were calling my name. Today I went to Le Singe Vert in Chelsea which has a reasonable cheese plate for one, that is actually better suited for two. It has three cheeses, apples and grapes. Although I think one of the best cheese plates in recent memory has to go to Robin De Boix on Smith Street. Overflowing with different meats, cheeses, olives, fruit and candied nuts. Honorable Mentions go to Otto, Bourgeois Pig, and Frankies 457 (good on every level).

Brooklyn Restaurant News: Cafe on Clinton (268 Clinton St.) has a new owner and has reopened.
Chef Charlie Statelman, formerly of Patois on Smith Street, will be taking over in the kitchen.

No comments: