Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Booker Prize Short List

The Booker Prize Short List was announced today, see the list under the cut. I am sad to say I have not read any of them. Although I have been reading a lot of books and scripts recently just apparently not the Booker Prize ones. Some of my recent favorites include Random Family (book club pick), Samaritan (Wire fanatic choice), The Wrestler (script), Where The Wild Things Are (script) and Hunting and Gathering (french chick lit). I am in the middle of Jennifer's Body (script) and the novel, Then We Came to an End.


Booker Prize Shortlist
Aravind Adiga, The White Tiger (Atlantic)
Sebastian Barry, The Secret Scripture (Faber and Faber)
Amitav Ghosh, Sea of Poppies (John Murray)
Linda Grant, The Clothes on Their Backs (Virago)
Philip Hensher, The Northern Clemency (Fourth Estate)
Steve Toltz, A Fraction of the Whole (Hamish Hamilton)

No comments: