Monday, October 8, 2007

Fall Macaroni n' Cheese for a Summer Heatwave

Now Playing:"West Coast" by Coconut Records

I had Columbus Day off so I decided to cook! I have been wanting to try making homemade macaroni and cheese for some time but was hesitant to have a creamy full fat dish sitting in my fridge so I sought out a healthier alternative. I found an interesting recipe on marthastewart.com that used butternut squash and ricotta to generate the creaminess without the use of cream or butter. The result was tasty but not a full fledged endorsement. You taste the squash a lot less than you would think but the at the same time, seemed to cancel out the sharpness of the cheddar. I think the highlight of the meal ended being the roasted brussel sprouts!







Healthy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe

No comments: