Sunday, February 3, 2008

Cubano Cafe

I can't believe I haven't written about Cubano Cafe on Smith Street before but I was reminded of this neighborhood gem when I visited there last night. I use to live right next to it but it was only in the last year or so that it has become more a staple for me. The prices are very reasonable (cash only tho) and everything from their dinner to their brunch is really good. Some of my favorite things on the menu are the sweet plantains, the chicken quesadilla with black beans, the chickpea salad and the corn with aioli and cheese. I think my only complaint about this place is the size of the tables barely have enough room for two dishes and the actual size of the restaurant is so tiny that to maneuver around takes a bit of effort. Yet its size is also part of its charm and while always busy, the wait is never too bad. Definitely one to keep going back to...

No comments: