Tuesday, June 3, 2008

First batch of Gazpacho for the Summer

I made my first batch of the one of my favorite things to make in the summer, gazpacho. I like to try different versions especially since there are so many and I have yet to perfect my version. So this weekend, I tried a recipe from Recipezaar, pretty standard for the most part but the results were delicious. I added about a half of avocado on top because well, I am in love with avocados. More attempts to come...

Ingredients

Directions

In a blender or very large food processor puree the tomatoes, red pepper, garlic, carrots, lemon juice, spices, olive oil,@ 1/2 of the cucumber chunks and a 1/2 cup of water.Pour into a large bowl or tupperware container, stir in the remainder of the diced cucumber.Cover and chill overnight or for at least three hours. To serve, garnish soup with onion, avocado, cilantro, radishes, etc.

No comments: