Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Fruits of the Holiday Season




Now Playing: Anyone Else But You- Michael Cera and Ellen Page

Last holiday post I promise but I got some great cookbooks for Christmas, found an interesting magazine and want to share one of my current favorite food sites, how can one not share!

My friends and family know how much I appreciate foodie gifts and while this year, I tried to curtail it a bit, I still happily got some great stuff. I got 4 books: the out of print Joy of Baking by Barbara Grunes (of Joy of Cooking fame), it has great old fashioned photos and lots of delicious desserts; 500 Cupcakes by Fergal Connelly and 500 Cookies by Philippa Vanstone, tons of good recipes in here, 1000 to be exact; and possibly my favorite, The Food Snob's Dictionary by David Kamp.

One food site I can't help but visit everyday is TasteSpotting. The layout is simple but site almost acts like an aggregator for other food sites and their recipes. Definitely one to check out on a regular basis as it is updated daily.

Finally, my fellow blogger and my favorite ex pat, FromParisWithLove turned me on to an interesting magazine out of New York that is solely focused on the culture/art of meat, Meat Paper. Although my favorite food culture magazine is still Edible Brooklyn, put together so well and the photography really lovely.

No comments: