Sunday, January 6, 2008

Neighborhood Visits

Now Playing :: Beach House- Devotion

I made two Brooklyn restaurant visits this weekend. Neither are new but both are locals favorites: Joya and Robin Des Bois. Joya is constantly packed on the weekend thanks to their combination of great food, fair prices and fun (although somewhat loud) atmosphere. I ordered the special, spicy noodles with skirt steak and Tom Gha Kai soup to start. The portion was huge and the soup was pretty filling but it was absolutely delicious. I also hit Robin Des Bois which also has a great atmosphere, way more cozy and charming. After a good glass of wine, I ordered the couscous with chicken, it came with a great spicy sauce and I definitely want to try to recreate it at home. Both really viable local standards.

No comments: