Sunday, March 29, 2009

I tried and (I think) succeeded in recreating one of the Momofuku Milk Bar cookies this weekend for a friend's bday party. I have had the cornflake, marshmallow, chocolate chip cookies at Momo's and love it (although it can be a bit too sugary sweet). Regardless, I thought I would try my hand at making my own batch. I used my normal chocolate chip recipe from the back of the Nestle package (works everytime), I added the cornflakes and then used mini marshmallows and mixed them all together. You then have to ball the dough before placing it on the cookie sheet to help the cookie retain some form. The cookies won't come out in perfect circular shapes but neither do Momo's. It is also important to use parchment paper because the marshmallow will obviously melt and the paper helps it from not becoming too hard and sticking to the sheet. Another tip is that you should bake them at 350 (instead of a usual 375) and for 9 mins (instead of the usual 11 mins). Enjoy!

No comments:

Blog Archive