Sunday, March 29, 2009


The second amazing meal, as of right now, goes down as the best meal I have ever had. A dear friend treated me to what can only be described as a totally extravagant fantasy dinner. I have dreamt of going to Blue Hill at Stone Barns for years and I finally got to go on Friday. We started the day with a wee hike in the Rockefellar State Park that backs up into the Stone Barns property and then we wandered into some of the greenhouses on the land. We quickly changed into more appropriate attire and settled in for a unbelievable 8 course meal and a glass of champagne to boot. The service was absolutely unpretentious yet utterly impeccable at the same time. The explanation of the food and how and where it is grown on the farm was such a nice added touch. Each course was tailored for your table and the food was out of this world. I think I can safely say I ate the best carrot of my life that night. I could go on for days about my experience but I will simply say if you live in NY, make it a point of heading up there at some point (soon)!

No comments:

Blog Archive