Sunday, August 19, 2007

Oooey Gooey

Now Playing: Elvis Perkins- Ash Wednesday

"It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it." ~Julia Childs

I hosted another brunch this weekend, a bit bigger but basically the same menu since I had left over ingredients from last weekend. I tweaked the quiche a bit (added more gouda, caramelized onions and tomatoes), got greens for the salad from the green market, bought bagels, someone brought fruit salad and I made monkey bread.

I was first introduced to oooey gooey yummy monkey bread by my little cousins who told me that "it is so easy to make even a monkey could do it." No matter who makes it, it's heavenly.
There are several variations on general recipe which is sugar, cinnamon, butter, dough and more sugar. mmm...


3 packages of buttermilk biscuit tubes
1 cup sugar (divided)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar

Take 3 packages of buttermilk biscuit tubes (10 per roll) and cut each roll into 4 pieces. Drop roll pieces into 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Drop sugar-coated pieces into a well buttered Bundt pan (don't squish roll pieces when placing them in the Bundt pan, I didn't have a Bundt pan so I used a cake pan).

Put 1/2 cup of the left-over sugar/cinnamon mix and 1/2 cup packed brown sugar and 1 cup of butter (2 sticks) into a small saucepan.

Bring this mixture just to a boil; remove from heat immediately. Carefully drizzle over the roll pieces.

Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.

Cool slightly in an upright position, then tip pan over onto a plate to remove monkey pull-apart bread. The fun starts!






No comments: