Monday, March 24, 2008

More Hood Updates

- What was once Bouillabaisse 126 on Union Street is now called Korhogo 126. The new menu is French African fare. The menu sounds interesting. This change happened at the beginning of the year but I just noticed it this weekend. The kitchen is manned by former Les Enfants Terribles chef Abdhul Traore. The drama behind the change is detailed here.
- Sugar Lounge on Columbia Street was recommended to me this weekend. I have gone by there many times but never realized it was a restaurant and not just a bar. Also looks like they have a big patio space which will be nice as the weather warms. I still want to try Pit Stop too which it close to.
- A Middle Eastern restaurant is going in next to Scotto's Wine (which is getting an exterior make over) on Court Street called Olive Vine (they have two other Slope locales).
- This has nothing to do with food but I use to love rollerskating as a kid so I want to add that Dreamland Roller Rink opened this weekend in the landmarked Childs Building at Coney Island.
- NYT has a quick rundown of their favorite spots in the area for restaurant week. All pretty safe choices!
- Hope to do more cooking/baking soon so I can post more about that.

No comments: