Monday, March 17, 2008

Po

I went to Po for the first time last night and loved it. I was slightly skeptical of the hype and the fact that it is always so busy whenever I walked by but I was able to easily make reservations so I gave it a shot and I am glad I did. We ordered a great bottle of red wine (Bacaro something, I wish I would have wrote it down) that was great especially with the food because it had a bit of a bite to it. They start you off with white bean bruschetta and bread with olive oil. Then we ordered the tasting menu which was definitely the right choice although looking at everyone else's meals in the restaurant, I don't know how wrong I could have gone. The first course was an antipasto/salad, the second was a spinach ravioli with a chai butter sauce (yum!), the third course was a gnocchi bolognese (super homemade tasting, melt in your mouth stuff), the fourth and main entree was grilled salmon on a bed of ratatouille-like squash with balsamic glaze. Next up was three cheeses and then dessert which was an amazing tiramisu (and I don't even like tiramisu) and a panna cotta with cherries (a big hit). I can honestly say everything was delicious and the service was equally good.

No comments: