Thursday, March 13, 2008

Trip away from the Borough

I am in Austin, TX for SXSW this week and I thought I would share with you day one's big meal, Texas BBQ. We almost tried the infamous Salt Lick but since it is a bit of a hike and we had some other places to hit downtown, a friend and I decided on Lamberts. It's definitely not paper plate bbq, far more upscale but just as, if not more delicious. We started with spicy deviled eggs that was garnished with caviar and pickled veggies.


We both ordered the brown sugar and coffee rubbed brisket and shared the sides of roasted cauliflower gratin and 3 cheese mac n' cheese. Needless to say, it was great. Not something I could eat frequently but for a once a year trip, I couldn't be happier.


Day Two I didn't get to eat much but I did stop by Las Manitas, a lunch counter top kind of place, people rave about it but I thought it was just okay.

No comments: